3 hour Food-Walk in Aarhus
This guided tour is an exciting way to see Aarhus through food, while listening to stories about the history and daily life of the City of Smiles – as Aarhus is known.
The three-hour tour on foot will take you to some of the best food spots in Aarhus. We will walk through the oldest part of Aarhus, the Latin Quarter, which has a vibrant atmosphere, mouth-watering cuisine and unique architecture. Its narrow and cobblestoned streets are the perfect setting for its small, chic shops and unique restaurants and cafés.
With your experienced guide you will visit local haunts, meet the owners and explore historical sites that few tourists have an opportunity to experience. We will escape the crowds and explore some of Aarhus’s best-kept secrets – through its food.
13:00 Start of the walk: Radisson Blue Hotel, Aarhus with visits to:
- Deli’en in Jærgergaardsgade – A mecca for anyone who loves special and handmade delicacies, cheeses and charcuterie.
- Surprise at Godsbanen – Godsbanen is a cultural centre in Aarhus. The buildings, which once hosted one of Denmark’s largestfreight-train yards, have been renovated with respect for their history and are worth a visit in themselves. We have a surprise in store for you here.
- F Høj at Wassim Hallal – A deli offering classic Danish “smørrebrød”(open sandwiches), delicious puddings, chocolates, all with a twist and touch of Wassim Hallal – the Michelin star chef of the famous Frederikshøj Restaurant.
- The Latin Quarter – walk through and hear stories from the oldest and most vibrant part of Aarhus
- Great Coffee – this is an understatement! Søren Stiller, one of the best baristas in the world, is taking coffee to the next level and beyond. Taste the relationship between craftsmanship and quality in every cup of coffee.
16:00 Walk finishes: Radisson Blue Hotel, Aarhus
The delicious food tasted along the route will amount to a full meal.
Depending on the number of participants signing up to the Food-walk, the group may be spilt into smaller groups of maximum 17 people, each with their own guide.
All of the above tastings may vary slightly according to the season or delivery.